"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Carter's Christening

We had Carter christened today and it was absolutely wonderful. We had our closest friends and family there with us and everyone enjoyed dinner after church. We had to wait longer with Carter than we did with Olivia Grace because he had such a rough start. But today he was the most perfect little boy. He didn't cry once! He is truly a different child.


I really looked forward to both of my children's dedication because I feel like it is my way to say in front of everyone just how much I appreciate the Lord trusting me with these precious gifts and how hard I plan to work in order to be that good Christian mother that protects them, guides them and teaches them how awesome and powerful God is. How he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end...how he created everything we see and yet knows each one of us by name...how he is all powerful but chose to exchange all of his power and splendor for poverty here on Earth just to pay our debt. Our outward notion of "giving" them back to the Lord is just our simple way of saying we are going to do our very best to "train them in the way that they should go". I am so grateful for my two precious blessings!


Pastor Tommy did a great job at making this day special for my family.





He even included Olivia Grace by asking her if she would be willing to help teach Carter about Jesus and show him what is right.





Carter absolutely loved Pastor Tommy. He was enthralled by every word he spoke.





Becky - the American Idol winner of our family! She is the best!




Our Family





Our Family and Our Extended Family





The dinner after the service







The cake was done by a good friend, Paula Ackerman of Cupcake Betty's. She did a wonderful job - much better than what I could have imagined. It tasted as good as it looked. She also took all the pictures which turned out as good as the cake.




Claire - the greatest friend in the world that would do anything for me including attending church at Maryville PH - and Wilson!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You have such a beautiful family. And love that cake! My mouth waters just reading her blog.

Sue said...

Well I must say going to Maryville test the boundaries of our friendship :) Just kidding!! We enjoyed it and it wasn't too scary..haha

Mrs. Morris said...

Carter looked absolutely beautiful!! (I had to convince Lee that it's ok for boys to be "beautiful" this young; although he doesn't think boys and beautiful go together AT ALL!)

rita and andy said...

What a special day!

Josie Thames said...

What a wonderful post, and the pictures were great, too. I still fondly remember Cathryn's dedication. Oh, and tell Claire not to feel alone--I grew up PH and Richie still refuses to attend one, which I why I became Baptist. Of course, I love being Baptist, so it all worked out in the end.