"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Proud Moments

The ride home today wasn't much different than any other ride home. Usually, if everyone is in a good mood and not too tired, we sing along with either a christian CD of songs that we sing at our church or a CD that Olivia Grace calls "Connor's songs" because it was a favor from Connor's birthday party.

OG asked to hear the "glory song" so we were singing along and enjoying ourselves. When the song ended, it got quiet enough that I could hear Olivia Grace talking to Carter. I decided to turn the next song down a bit so that I could hear what she was saying.

I could have never imagined what was coming out of her mouth...she was witnessing to her little brother. She said (as best I can remember), "Carter, do you want Jesus in your heart? Do you want him to live in here (I guess she was pointing to her heart). Jesus can live in your heart. He really can, I promise."

I have never been so proud in my life! I really struggle with the religious questions that she is starting to ask (last night the questions was "what is glory?") and I often worry that I am not doing all that I could to help her understand God and Jesus and all that goes along with those very abstract concepts. If she doesn't get any of those concepts that I have been trying to help her with, she has learned the most important - We all need to have Jesus in our heart!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

That is the most precious thing I have ever heard!! She really listened and took her vow serious Sunday bless her little heart.

Mrs. Morris said...

You and Craig have done so well with OG! You have nothing to worry about ... continue what you are doing and Jesus will take care of the rest. I truly believe it!

Josie Thames said...

That is amazing! I pray that she'll keep that same desire to witness as she gets older.