"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Revelation or Situation

"It is for discipline that you endure, God deals with you as with sons, for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness." Hebrews 12: 7 and 11

We are having revival at our church and I know this may sound selfish or echo-centric but I think this revival is for me. Every message has felt like it has been written just for me...just for my situation...just for my life. The preacher's message tonight was about turning a revelation from the Lord into a bad situation in our lives because we don't want to do what the Lord has told us to do. When he read the scripture from Hebrews, I knew that I was being reprimanded for continuing to hold on to hurt from my past instead of giving it to Him. I have been holding on to that hurt and those worthless feelings because I felt like that is what defines me as a person. But tonight I realized that He defines me...I am who I am because of what the Lord has done for me. I think many of us are guilty of turning a revelation from the Lord into a bad situation because we aren't open to what the Lord has for us. We pray for change and we pray for guidance but when He provides those, we are comfortable just ignoring His plan because we think we have it all under control. I want to grasp the Lord's revelation for me...I want to be changed, renewed and restored. I want to be who He wants me to be not who I think I should be. I am choosing to let go and let the Lord lead. Can you do the same?

No comments: