"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Words to Live By

For the past few months, I have been praying for a change - emotionally and spiritually. The Lord is working in my life and I am so thankful. I have faith that He is healing my broken heart and giving me purpose for my life. The praise and worship team at our church is known for its contemporary, freedom-filled services which I enjoy so much. They have recently started singing a new song that I absolutely love and have added to my playlist for you to hear. It is surprising how closely the chorus and the bridge of the song fit my life. Even when I didn't realize it, God was for me - on the mountain, in the battle, through the failures and in the victories. He IS for me! Like the bridge of the song says, if our God is for us, who can be against us? Great words to live by!!!

You Are For Me
VERSE 1:

You are my faithful Father
Who holds everything together
Why should I fear when You are always on my side?
I am known as the apple of Your eye
The treasure You gave Your life for
Ohh…nothing can separate me from Your perfect love

CHANNEL:
You prepare a table for me, in the presence of my enemies
All the time, Your thoughts are on me, and You hold me when I’m weak

CHORUS:
You are for me, on the mountain
You are for me, in the battle
Through the failures, in the victories
You are for me, hallelujah
In the morning, in the evening
When I’m dancing, when I’m weeping
Through the storms, I won’t be shaken
You are for me, hallelujah

VERSE 2:
You are my strong Defender
Who shelters my life from danger
Why should I fear when You are always on my side?
I’m anointed with oil and in this life
I’m followed by mercy and goodness
Ohh…nothing can separate me from Your perfect love

BRIDGE:
If my God is for me, who can be against me?
Ohhh

1 comment:

Josie Thames said...

Tanya, it is so wonderful to see what you've written. God is truly working in your life and you are turning that corner! He is always with us.

So glad to see that you're writing again.